Hey, Womxn Project friends.
We know that a majority of legislators and a majority of voters want to see the Reproductive Health Care Act passed THIS YEAR! We are doing all we can to make that happen. We need your help. We need the Senate leadership to LEAD – to get this bill out of the Judiciary Committee, to the floor and to the governor’s desk without amendments.
- Today, Wednesday, April 3rd from 3-4pm, we are calling Senator Lou Raptakis at (401) 229-4146. In January, Senator Raptakis said that while he’s personally pro-life, he supports the abortion rights enshrined in 1973 by Roe vs. Wade and would support legislation making that state law. Well now we are hearing he might vote “no”. Please, call TODAY and urge him to support the bill, which simply codifies Roe and subsequent decisions – nothing more – and ensures each person decide for themselves if they need to seek an abortion.
- On Thursday, April 4th from 3-4pm we are calling Senator Maryellen Goodwin at
(401) 272-3102 to urge passage of the Reproductive Health Care Act (S 152A) this year.
- On Friday, April 5th from 3-4pm (or whenever you can make the time), call Senator Michael McCaffrey at (401) 739-7576 to ask him to listen to the voices and the needs of Rhode Island women and get the RHCA out of committee and on to the floor.
We need to make sure the Senate President is hearing from people EVERY DAY! It’s just TWO calls each day!
Make the calls to Raptakis, Goodwin and McCaffrey and then please, make a quick call to Senate President Dominick Ruggerio (401-222-6655) to urge him to bring the Reproductive Health Care Act (S. 152 A) to the Senate floor and vote for it!
We need to pull out all the stops! Please, call TODAY!
We need their support and leadership. After you call (PLEASE CALL), you can post on social media.
Sample Post: I am urging the @RIsenate leadership and Senate President @SenatorRuggerio to get the #RHCA out of Judiciary and #passtheRHCA (S152A) this year! We need to protect our rights. #repro4RI
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
On Thursday, April 4th from 3:00-7:30pm, we will be in the State House rotunda
leading an event called “Making Art, Making Change”
We need to keep turning up the heat and we want to bring positive and transformative energy to lawmakers. We will be there from 3:00-7:30. Kids are welcome. Whether you can come for an hour or all night, we hope you can be there with us!
We are working hard not only to protect the right to abortion, but to build a strong movement for reproductive health, rights and justice. Make an investment in our continued efforts this year – and long after! DONATE: http://bit.ly/InvestinTWP
Thanks for your continued contributions, in whatever form they take!
Here’s hoping this is a good day for you.