We want to say thank you. Thank you to the more than ONE HUNDRED people who joined us last night at the protest in front of the Senate Democrat fundraiser. Thank you to the THOUSANDS of people across the state who have given their time and energy to this campaign. Thank you for being in this with us.
We are grateful to you for your passion and commitment. We ARE making a difference.
Senator Erin Lynch Prata has indicated that progress is being made to find a path forward to move a bill that will TRULY protect our rights. We appreciate her hard work and the commitment of all 19 of the senators who have pledge their support to move a bill this year!
The fight is not over! We remain hopeful that we can get this done, but we really do need YOUR help.
SHOW UP WITH US!
- Attend a Memorial Day event. Join the wonderful Jean Bowen at 9:45am in Wakefield to watch the South Kingstown Memorial Day Parade. Let’s honor those who have given so much for us to be able to fight for reproductive freedom! Bring your flag and dress in pink to send a message to those elected officials in the parade. There is a parking lot at the corner of Oak and Main Street where you can gather with Jean to watch the parade.Our volunteer, Faye will also be leading a group to postcard at the North Providence Memorial Day parade starting at 1pm. Join us to be a visible (wear pink) presence while continuing to build and show support for the bill.
- Protest with us (yes, again THIS TUESDAY, 5/28). Senator Archambault said we should codify Roe while campaigning and then turned his back on us and played games with our rights. Well, he needs to know we will remember and we will keep putting pressure on him to live up to his commitment and protect our rights. An event is being held on Tuesday, May 28th to honor him. We are going to “honor” him with our presence and some very loud voices to push him to DO THE RIGHT THING!
SPEAK OUT WITH US!
- Make a call to Senator Archambault to tell him that we NEED to see a bill passed to protect the right to abortion this year – truly protect the right. CALL NOW – 401-276-5589. You can also send him an e-mail ([email protected]). After that, leave a message for the Senate President Dominick Ruggerio to urge him to live up to his commitment to bring a bill that TRULY protects our rights to the floor this year – 401-222-6655. Call and then send an email ([email protected]).
- Pick up a postcarding packet. This is a way to help out on your own time. Contact our co-director, Jordan Hevenor to arrange to get supplies at an event or have a volunteer bring them by. Right now, we are generating calls to Senators Paolino and Rogers. Help get this done!
- Post on social media. After you make your calls, PLEASE MAKE THE CALLS – you can help amplify your support.
Sample Post #1: @SenMcCaffrey, @LouRaptakis, @SenArchambault: You said you support Roe. We agree. Vote YES on a bill to TRULY protect the right to abortion. Live up to the commitment you made. #repro4RI #letitout #dotherightthingSample Post #2: [email protected] President [email protected], you publicly stated you would give a bill to TRULY protect the right to abortion a vote on the Senate floor. Please, live up to this commitment. The stakes are high. We need to act now! #repro4RI #letitout #dotherightthing
Together, we are going make sure that no matter what happens at the federal level that we will protect the right to safe, legal abortion care in our state! Together, we are building a movement for real and lasting change. Together, we are making a positive difference for women and families.