Our Action Agenda for 2024:
- Eliminate barriers to reproductive healthcare for people of all ages
- Bodily autonomy programs and education
- Support social and legislative efforts to secure the rights of the trans community
- Use art to catalyze change
- Expand voting access in preparation for the 2024 election and beyond
- Create community with self-care events
TWP began after the 2016 elections when a toxic leader rose to power. Mike Johnson’s recent rise to Speaker of the House reminds us of that time. His elevation is a symptom of a problem that continues to exist.
Meanwhile, our mission remains the same: to help create a just society. Because without a just society, bodily autonomy can’t exist. The forces that opposed our mission in its infancy are now attacking yet another vulnerable group, our trans community. As the assault on trans people more acutely bears down on trans youth, TWP is working to protect our trans neighbors.
In addition to supporting social and legislative efforts to secure the rights of our trans community, TWP is continuing our core work of eliminating barriers to reproductive healthcare – including abortion – to birthing people of all ages, expanding voting access, and using art to catalyze change. Democracy is in crisis and we recognize that the Equality in Abortion Coverage Act, the Reproductive Privacy Act, and emergency contraception exist on a foundation of sand, so we are doubling down on protecting access.
WE’RE PUTTING YOUR MONEY TO WORK!
Will you become a sustaining donor and help us continue our work to protect the most vulnerable among us?
DON’T HAVE MONEY BUT WANT TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT?
Tell us what fits your life.
- Join us in action as we ramp up our creative work
- Use your social media skills to help with political grassroots activism
- Run for school board or an elected office – we’ll connect you with our friends doing the training
- Help get people registered to vote
Democracy needs us all in a way we have never seen before. Let’s show the impact of care and concern that Rhode Island is known for. JOIN US TODAY!