189 Broadway, Providence, RI
In-Office & Remote Working (70%/30%)
Work Type: Permanent
Pay Range: $60,000-70,000
Start Date: As soon as the right candidate is found
Benefits: yes (see below)
Summary of Position
The Operations Director (OD) is a full time position reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED). This position serves as the day to day director of all operations and administrative activity for The Womxn Project creating a stable environment from which the organization can flourish and achieve its missions.
General responsibilities for this position include managing all aspects of Human Resources, accounting, office management, maintaining the organization’s budget, interacting with legal counsel as necessary, Contact Management for donors and volunteers including maintaining a database of volunteers, creating and directing a Council of Volunteers who will be responsible for five areas of concern including: Artivism and Art, Fundraising, a Policy and Speakers Bureau, Social Media projects and maintenance and creation and implementation of Special Projects including public engagement like rallies, projections, Fake Abortion Clinic and State House Actions as well as paperwork, insurance, contact management, budgeting, HR, office management and all legal needs including permits. They also assist the ED with meetings scheduling, volunteer coordination. Lastly, they assist with fundraising research and grant reporting, as well as communications such as committee minutes, email newsletters and web site management.
Areas of Responsibility
- Office Administration
- Human Resources (HR)
- Benefits maintenance
- Assistance with Board and Volunteer Management
- Hiring including Council Leadership Positions
- In conjunction with an outside accountant, prepare an annual budget and provide budget reporting to ED monthly including revenue, expenses, awarded grants, etc.
- Prepare Budget reports and present to the Boards of Directors at quarterly meetings
- Ensure that funding is properly siloed including:
- Grant funding vs operating expense
- Fund usage for C3 and C4
- Contact Management System (CMS)
- Create and or update database of Donors and Volunteers
- Maintain database of Donors and Volunteers as needed as frequently as daily
- Purge data in accordance with best practices
Maintain all data related to:
- Creating and Managing Fundraiser activity
- Scheduling meetings between Board Members, ED and exceptional donors
- Researching opportunities for grant funding, or other funding opportunities
- Coordinating activity with c3 and c4 Boards’ fundraising committees and third-party fundraising partners providing access to tools and information to ensure success
- Creating a grant application and reporting calendar
- Ensuring required grant reporting is submitted on time
- Providing necessary fiscal, historical and administrative details for grant applications, ensure any required grant reporting is submitted on time
- Maintaining Fundraising/Grant CMS
- Use Group of Volunteers to prepare:
- Letters of thanks for ED to send to major donors
- Set up autoresponders and transactional messages for sustaining donors, online donors and other givers.
- In conjunction with the ED and Board Members, research and identify fundraising opportunities on multiple levels, including:
- Seek and apply for Grants
- Track successes and failures to identify better opportunities for grants
- Maintain a reporting structure to track all aspects of grant activity
- Responsible for systems, contact lists and processes to ensure timely, accurate communications to various constituents from:
- C3 and C4 Boards
- Volunteer council
- General Public
- Systems, including:
- Other support:
- Assist with creating and proofing drafts
- Occasionally, send/post communications
- Work with printer for materials including signs, stationery and postcards
- Maintain stock for mailings including postage
- Serve as the key initial point of contact with the organization:
- Answer general queries via email, phone and web DMs
- Log any contact and provide necessary follow up
- Council of Volunteers
- Using data from CMS, create a council of Volunteers to work with in the following categories, creating leaders based leadership ability and additional staff based on skills assessment
- Using skill sets of Council Volunteers, select group of presenters to be available for various events and requests for speakers
- Using Council Volunteers, prepare for political events including but not limited to:
- Identify specific areas to create presentations (speeches or multimedia)
- State House Rallies and Lobby Days
- Preparation for Legislative Committee Testimony (in person and letters)
- Postcarding activity
- Social Media projects
- Includes Web and Facebook presentations and panel discussions
- Support for the maintenance of all social media including but not limited to Website, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Special Projects
Role Job Requirements
- Although the OD is not required to live in RI, it is strongly preferred and the OD should be able to commute to any area of RI from their residence year-round. Some in-person meetings will be required, however the OD may set safety requirements.
- The OD is preferred to be vaccinated and boosted for COVID 19.
- The OD should have solid experience in the following:
- Grant research, writing and reporting
- Small organization administrative management, particularly in a not-for-profit setting
- Work in a ‘start-up’ organization
- Capability to prioritize workload recognizing that they may change according to governmental, political and public requirements
- Strong time management skills
- Use daily and weekly task list to prioritize, manage, and organize multiple priorities
- Experience with board membership and/or activist or community committee-work
- Experience working effectively and efficiently from home
- Flexible in terms of time and place of work
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree preferred
- Prefer some education, formal training or relatable experience in:
- Minimum of 5 years in nonprofit management experience
- Fundraising track record
- Community building and/or legislative engagement preferred
- Volunteer systems management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including cold calling, drafting and proofreading written communications.
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping and budgeting.
- Fluency in typical software/apps used by nonprofits, such as Canva, MailChimp, CMS systems, online document storage, zoom, group calendaring, etc.
- In addition to English language fluency, another language such as Portuguese or Spanish is preferred.
- Some supervisory experience.
- The OD may not run for or hold political office during the term of their work with the organization.
- Work hours include regular weekday office hours but hours may be irregular as many activities such as speeches and events may take place outside of typical office hours.
- The OD must receive ED approval of any external board roles they may consider joining in other organizations during their term of service.
- Once employed, the OM’s name, likeness and credentials may be used in connection with organization communications and materials as appropriate without further formal releases.
- The organization will own copyright and intellectual property rights to any and all related content, photos, social media, proposals, and other materials developed by the OM during the term of their employment. The organization will also own its contacts database, including contacts entered therein by the OM, whose role includes assisting with the growing of said database to expand the donors, partners, volunteers and programs of the organization.
- The OM role is a position offered on an at-will basis, neither the organization nor the position holder will enter into a contract regarding the terms or the duration of employment. However, upon giving or
receiving notice, the OM will promptly return all technology, contacts databases, proposals, passwords, memorandums and other materials to the organization.
- Interests in political activism and art of change.
- The salary range for this role is $60,000-$70,000 based on skills and experience
- Healthcare benefits, a portion of which are paid for by the organization
- Allows for working from home on occasion
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- Federal holidays recognized by the organization
- Shared office space with Director
Interested in applying?
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Have a good candidate in mind?
Download .pdf here