WE NEED YOUR HELP to make sure that in Rhode Island we all get a voice in the system that impacts every day of our lives!
We talk about change a lot. We talk about the need to dismantle white supremacy and how restrictions on abortion take away our right to control our bodies and futures. We advocate for access to doula care and advocate for LGBT families, disabled parents and sex workers.
We are out there pushing to make real and lasting change, but you know one of the biggest things we need to do is make sure the people in power reflect our values – that means WE HAVE TO PROTECT THE RIGHT TO VOTE.
The Womxn Project is proud to be part of the Let RI Vote coalition. We are working to advance a comprehensive set of changes that will give Rhode Islanders the opportunity to:
- Vote by mail,
- Vote early,
- Vote on Election Day, and
- Enact same day voter registration.
Here’s what YOU can do TODAY to help:
1) Add your name to the Let RI Vote petition. This shows your support and will help you get connected to important updates.
2) Let the lawmakers who represent you know that you want these changes to be enacted! Click here to find your legislators and then make a call and/or send an email to say, “Our vote is our voice. I am your constituent and I am urging you to support H5983 and S569. I support providing options to vote and enacting same day voter registration. We should do all we can to protect and expand voting rights. Thank you.”
3) Share your 2020 voting story. Let our representatives understand why these bills are so personally important.
4) Share your support on social media. Sample Post: “I am a Rhode Islander voter and I’m urging RI lawmakers to support voting rights by passing H5983 and S569 this year to ensure voting options and the enact same day voter registration. #RIleg, #OurVoteIsOurVoice, so #LetRIVote!”
Let’s make our voices heard and get these important bills passed THIS YEAR!
Learn more about these important efforts! And take a look at a recent Advocacy Workshop video that explains the issues and actions being taken around the Omnibus bills: H 6003/S 516 and the resolution to eliminate the requirement for voter registration 30 days before an election (the most prohibitive requirement of its kind in the U.S.): H5983/ S 569
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
Repeal LEOBOR now! As your Senator to sign onto S.773 today
To keep our communities safe we need to stop giving cops special rights. Your senator needs to hear from us on the need to repeal the Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill of Rights (LEOBOR) – Send an email to them now! #RepealLEOBOR #PoliceAccountability | For more questions please direct them to Senator Mack and the BLM RI PAC.
Get Ready for the next EACA hearing!
The House Finance Committee is getting ready to hear the EACA (Equality in Abortion Coverage Act) soon- either mid-next week or the week after. We need your voice and letters. If you are interested in reading testimony or submitting testimony, stay tuned for more soon! #Repro4RI4All Learn more here!