2. TWP has been working to pass a bill that codifies Roe V Wade into RI state law. We are interested in the ways that Reproductive Freedom impacts your life and the work that you do?
3. When you think about your community (or communities) what is something you would like them to know about Reproductive Freedom in RI? Why?
I would like to live in a state that empowers women to choose their own beliefs about reproductive rights and allows them to choose what to do with their bodies while respecting one another’s decisions.
4. How do you bring this issue into your professional life, if at all?
Impact Everything not only serves as a store, but also as a community center. We offer free events to the public every weekend, bringing people together to learn about current global issues. Although we do not focus specifically on Reproductive Freedom, we do support women’s empowerment through causes such as eradicating human trafficking and sustaining female entrepreneurs.
5. How do you see your customers responding to issues that are contentious in nature? Do people want to talk about them and show up for events?
I think the part we love most about our customers is that they stand up for their beliefs, and we see this a lot at our events. We intentionally created a space for the community to come together for open discussion. The nature of our store connects with inherent movers and shakers, and we aim to sustain a platform for people to learn from one another.
6. From your perspective, how do you see activism happening in the US?
We love it when people voice their opinions and take a stance on positive action. It’s great we are seeing this more and more in our country.