As the public health and financial crisis continues, many people are having a difficult time. All Rhode Islanders deserve the peace of mind that they can obtain the health care they need, including abortion!
We are thrilled to work again this year with Sen. Bridget Valverde and Rep. Liana Cassar to continue to build momentum to advance the Equality in Abortion Coverage Act.
This important legislation will:
- Eliminate the policy that withholds health insurance coverage for abortion in the state Medicaid program and associated plans.
- Halt the denial of coverage for abortion in the health plan used by state employees.
No one should be denied access to abortion care because of how much money they have or the kind of insurance program they use to get their health services! We are doing something about it, but we need YOU!
It’s time for The Womxn Project to do what it does best – organize a strong movement to build and demonstrate support. That’s where you come in. Even though we can’t fill the State House or organize in-person gatherings, WE CAN:
- Get the issue out there on social media and in local papers.
- Send emails and flood the phone lines at key moments to show legislators we are paying attention. We can line up dozens of people to testify when the bill is heard.
- Do projections in targeted areas to turn up the heat on lawmakers who are trying to get in the way of the bill.
- Re-launch our successful postcarding program to connect with activists across the state.
Whatever your capacity, we can send you materials and toolkits that will enable you to meaningfully contribute to this effort. Regardless of the amount of time you can give, we NEED YOU!
Click here to check out what we are up to and let us know how YOU are able to help! A Womxn Project team member will get in touch and share the resources you need. Thank you in advance.
– – – – – – – –
Let’s TURN UP THE VOLUME to build support for this legislation!
Together, we will continue to build a robust and transformative movement for positive change in RI.