At this Thursday’s Senate Judiciary Hearing at the RI State House, this how-to guide will provide information for what you can do in person or online. Download This Page of Material for Print
I. The Very Best Way to Support: SHOW UP!
- Come to the RI State House
This Thursday (May 31st) starting with a press conference at 3pm
2. Register yourself as a supporter of the RHCA
You can do this at the Senate Judiciary Room, Room 313.
3. Give testimony in person in the hearing
Our personal stories matter! We’ll be there supplying a few short sentences (typed out on small paper strips) referencing the recent success in Ireland (repealing their 8th amendment.) These sentences will be a voluntary way to begin your spoken testimony. We hope having several supporters repeat the same few starting lines will create a greater emotional impact.
II. The Second Best Way to Support: SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY!
- Compose your testimony for the bill in an email. The RHCA is Bill #S2163.
2. Suggested- include your contact information in the email:
Your name, phone number, and address
3. Email it (before the hearing) to:
Committee Clerk, Robert Ricci: [email protected]
All Other Senate Committee Members:
4. Consider sharing* your personal story with us for our site:
Share your story with us at:
*Please be clear if you’d like to remain anonymous.