A lot has been said about faith during the campaign for the Reproductive Health Care Act (S 152). Decisions about reproduction are morally complex, and we understand that people of different religious traditions, as well as people within the same religion, hold varying views on this matter.
People of faith can and DO support each person’s decision about whether they are ready to become a parent and the type of healthcare they need. We need to ensure that every woman is able to follow her own conscience and faith tradition and show compassion, rather than judgment! We need to make sure people have the right to seek safe, legal medical care when they need an abortion!
WHAT: “Faith in Action” event to support the RHCA
WHEN: Sunday, March 17th from 12:00-2:00pm
WHERE: Barrington Congregational Church (461 County Rd, Barrington)
We know that women of all faith traditions seek abortion care. It is not our place to make a decision about pregnancy and parenting for them, to judge them or to try to make it more difficult to get care.
Let us come together to make it clear that we work to protect personal decisions and access to safe, medical care BECAUSE of our faith beliefs and strong values, NOT in spite of them. Join us on Sunday, March 17th from 12:00-2:00pm. Click HERE to learn more and register.
- 12:00-12:15pm Arrive, connect, sign-in
- 12:15-12:30pm Hear from supportive clergy
- 12:30-2:00pm Take Action TOGETHER
Come build community with us. Sign a quilt square. Write a thank you postcard. Make a phone call. Take a #repro4RI selfie. Learn more about the campaign. Join us!
Can’t make it to Barrington on Sunday?
- Find another event coming up around the state to help build support for the RHCA: http://bitly.com/TWPevents.
- Be part of our postcarding program, which helps you take action FROM HOME: bit.ly/RHCApostcards.
- Make an investment in the campaign: bit.ly/InvestinTWP.
- Share on social media. You can show your support for the RHCA and push back on claims that efforts to protect the right to abortion is not moral and just work.
Sample Post #1: Many people of faith feel called to offer compassion and support to women seeking abortion. We should make sure people have access to safe, legal abortion care. #Repro4RI
Sample Post #2: We know that women of all faith traditions seek abortion care. It is not our place to make a decision about pregnancy and parenting for them, to judge them or to try to make it more difficult to get care.