Late last night, a draft opinion from the Supreme Court was leaked that fuels our worst fears – a possible overturn of Roe v. Wade.
1) JOIN US TONIGHT AT THE STATE HOUSE: Join us tomorrow, Tuesday May 3rd at 8pm at the RI State House on the Mall Side for a projection and set of speakers to demand the passage of the Equality in Abortion Coverage Act, which gets rid of bans in our state budget on health coverage for abortion.
2) CAN’T MAKE IT – act from or your office NOW and tonight. Keep up calls and emails to our governor demanding action RIGHT AWAY!
Call Governor McKee’s office (401-222-2080),”I am a Rhode Island voter. I appreciate your words of support for Roe and the right to abortion, but we need actions. I am urging you to publicly commit to getting the bans on health coverage for abortion for state employees and people who use Medicaid out of our state budget. These bans take away the right to abortion for many low-income people. No more bans. Please, act now. Thank you.”
Make a call NOW. Call again in an hour or two. Keep the calls going ALL DAY! And email ALL DAY ([email protected]), but please also call and leave a message!
In addition we have compiled more information for you.
- Considering Abortion?
- Rhode Island’s Abortion Fund
- Abortion Research for Everyone
- Abortion Information for Journalists
It is important to note that abortion is still legal. The law has not changed — the leaked memo is a draft opinion with no current legal authority. It IS a call to action to fight even harder.
We will always fight to get bans off our bodies and to advance reproductive health, rights and justice. Please, more than ever, we need you in this with us!