We are excited to be coming to you soon with some new and cool events – and a new report from research that The Womxn Project collaborated on that is going to definitely raise awareness and raise some eyebrows! It feels like so much is happening right now and time is flying by, so we wanted to reach out with a few things that are coming up.
We hope you are well and would love to hear from you!
(1) On the national stage, we are looking at sending a delegation down to Washington DC for the big SCOTUS rally on December 1st. We are also considering a couple options right here in RI. Do you want to come to the Court or help on a local event? If so, please fill this out and let us know!
(2) The first round of the new shirts are in! Don’t miss out – check out our Shop and show your support!
(3) Join the Womxn Project Education Fund in supporting Haus of Codec’s October LGBTQQIA+ Art Marketplace at Dexter Park in Providence this Saturday, October 23, from 12-6pm. The Womxn Project is hosting a banner project that will engage attendees in communal art making. We have the cloth paper – now we need the creativity! We also will be handing out candy for anyone who wants to come
We need volunteers to:
- bring arts supplies (can you share your Bedazzler? fabric paint? Cloth swatches and sewing supplies?)
help set up the banner work space
- engage participants during the event
- share your creative ideas about what this banner could become – is there a theme? a call to action?
- we are open to all creative ideas and we need hands-on support to make those ideas happen!
- What better way to spend a beautiful fall Saturday in Providence? Help us make a work of art in support of Rhode Island’s LBGTQ+ community! Email Jocelyn if you can participate.
Thanks for all you do and we will be in touch again soon!!