Happy New Year! We hope you are rested up and ready to jump into an exciting year of policy making and culture change!
Let’s get started TOMORROW (or today depending on when you read this), Tuesday, January 3rd on the first day of the 2023 Rhode Island General Assembly. We will be there with our partners from the Campaign for Equal Abortion Coverage and we hope you will join us! It is incredibly important that we be there and be visible to make sure lawmakers know that the Equality in Abortion Coverage Act IS a priority and that we expect it to pass this year.
Are you joining us in person?
Great! Help us get the word out on social media! Make sure to take plenty of pictures wearing your EACA tshirts or anything bright green. Use the hashtag #PasstheEACA and tag us on Instagram @thewomxnprojecthq or on Twitter @womanprojectHQ (and Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok, etc).
Here are a few logistics of the day:
- We will have a bunch of our fabulous new EACA campaign tees. For folks who did not arrange for one or sign up before the New Year, just wear green.
- You can meet us and our campaign partners at 3:00pm in the State House Library (82 Smith Street in Providence- see map for parking suggestions).
- We will have materials and staff from orgs to help support you.
- We will gather, be visible, hold a series of beautiful provided signs, and do some chanting.
- We will have info to distribute and will support people to meet their reps and senators in a peaceful manner although tomorrow General Assembly Members’ families and friends will be present to see them sworn in so we will forward a peaceful gathering.
- The main point of this event is to be clear from DAY ONE that we will show up and keep showing up to get this done!
Can’t be at the State House in person?
No problem. Take a photo at home with any green tshirt or bandana and take a pic holding a sign/paper that says “No more delays. Pass the EACA.” Then, tag us on Instagram @thewomxnprojecthq or on Twitter @womanprojectHQ (and Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok, etc ). Make sure to use the hashtag #PasstheEACA. Help show how many people support getting this bill passed in 2023!
Feel free to email photos with your name to [email protected] for us to post and share.
• • •
We are so very grateful for your commitment to abortion access and to protecting bodily autonomy! There is so much more to come, but let’s start this New Year strong – not by making reservations that center on self-hate or body shaming, but instead on self-love and bodily autonomy! We are ready to go. Are you?!
Finally, think about texting or emailing a friend to get them to join you. We would love to have even more folks there — and you’ll have even more fun with a pal by your side! Let’s build this movement together!